Storyburgh publishes undertold stories.
Narratives that are seldom told by the mainstream media. Sure, but what are they really?
- Our stories are not just about social justice issues of the marginalized demographics but also about human experiences of all stakeholders involved including the caretakers, the service providers, the nonprofits organizations, the grantmakers, the policy makers
- What are their driving factors, who/what encourages/discourages them, what are their regrets, what did go wrong and right, how do they become who they are now — what have they learned that other people should know?
- When the stories are published the lives of the people involved continue, and so do our stories. We plan to do follow up stories as frequently as our resource allows.
Primary: Landmark Preservation, Performing Arts, Media
Secondary: Libraries, Historical Societies, Museums, Public Broadcasting
Primary: Housing & Neighborhood Development, Community Foundations
Secondary: Jewish Federations, United Ways, Fundraising
Primary: Early Childhood Programs, Universities & Colleges, K-12, Other Education, Special Ed., Adult/Youth, Policy
Primary: Conservation, Beautification
Secondary: Protection, Gardens, Parks & Nature Centers
Primary: Health Disorders, Patient & Family Support, Treatment & Prevention,
Secondary: Diseases, Medical Research
Primary: Advocacy & Education, Immigration/Refugee, Veterans Issues, Women’s Issues & Stories, LGBTQIA, Race & Ethnic, Education
Primary: Children & Family, Homelessness, Elderly, Foster & Adoption, Social Service, Food Bank+Pantry+Distribution, Youth Dev+Shelter+Crisis
Primary: Religious Activities
Secondary: Religious Media+Broadcasting
Primary: Research That Matters (To Be Defined)
Secondary: Non Medical Science & Technology Research, Social & Public Policy Research
We are aware that some stories might not directly fit into any of the above categories, but if you believe that
- the story is unique to your particular neighborhood, or
- other community can learn from it or from his/her experience, or
- it is compelling enough to be remembered for future generation
Please do not hesitate to let us know.
For any question or pitch or submission, please contact us .